Hammond Communications helped deploy the Proof Of Concept (POC) solution at 25 Turkey Hill Minit Market locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana. Kroger purchased the software from Hammond Communications who is a Certified Partner of Scala, a world leading enterprise digital signage and content management platform.
As part of Hammond’s original agreement, Hammond Communications provided the following:
- Software Procurement
- Media Player Testing and Assistance w/ Preliminary Image
- System Setup and Configuration
- Custom “Logic” Template Programming
- Content Setup and Integration
Today, as the network expands, Hammond Communications provides ongoing operational support including:
- Technical Support
- Marketing and Content Management Support
- Content Creation
Each of the POC locations has either a 4-wide, 3-wide, or 2-wide LCD menu board, driven by a single, multi-output media player. Per metadata that Hammond Communications set up, each location knows what content to play per number of displays. Metadata is utilized to determine if a location:
- Offers certain food items such as 7″ Pizza, 14″ Pizza, or Fried Chicken.
- Utilizes a 1, 2, 3, or 4 display setup.
- Supports full-screen “override” content across 3 or 4 display layouts.
- Is in the PA, OH, or IN market.